The Government of The Gambia and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) have developed the Resilience of Organizations for Transformative Smallholder Agriculture (ROOTS) project. The project is funded by IFAD along with the Government of The Gambia and other Development partners. The project will be implemented in six years period from 2020 to 2026. The main components of the ROOTS project are the followings:
- Component 1 (agricultural productivity and climate change adaptation);
- Component 2 (market access); and
- Component 3 (institutional development, project management and citizen engagement).
Reports to: Senior Financial Controller
Summary: The administrative and financial assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day general administration office management, filling, of the Roots Project Office, including personnel management.
Duration of Assignment: Up to six years; following successful completion of six-month probationary period; with renewable contract if performance is satisfactory
Duty Station: Based in PSU Headquarters, with regular visits in the field as required for monitoring, reporting and coordination
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Provide general services of the Roots / IFAD Project Office;
- Ensure that all required supplies and equipment for the effective operations are in place;
- Supervise the duties of the Records Clerk/Messenger and ensure that proper filing of all project documents;
- Information is circulated on time to all Roots Project Office staff for the smooth running of the Office at all times;
- Assist the preparation and organization the recruitment of project staff, update all personnel actions, periodic verification and update of staff contractual status, SSHFC contributions and maintain all project staff files;
- Participates in the planning and management of staff training and travel management;
- Prepares travel authorizations for staff members and participants in conferences/seminars and mission clearance for staff members on field missions. Makes reservations with airlines and travel agencies;
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc.);
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies);
- Ensures the distribution of supplies to staff and prepares the monthly report on the use of supplies and prepares the list of items to be ordered ;
- Prepares the draft of weekly reports (section activities, office supplies and fuel) to be presented to management after compilation;
- Maintain a daily register of staff attendance;
- Supervision of the performance of all ancillary staff (security guards, cleaners, drivers, etc.)
- Liaises with A/FC to ensure that adequate stationery and office supplies are in place.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Financial Controller and or Project Coordinator.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in management or related field;
- Experience: At least Three (5) years of relevant experience in Administrative and financial assistant, office management, management of local organizations, human resources management or related field. Working experience with local NGOs and /or development organization preferred.
- Skills and knowledge: Usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), Fluency in spoken and written English, good communication and presentation skills, Basic knowledge of labor laws.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
- Only applications received through the provided link will be considered.