The Government of The Gambia and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) have developed the Resilience of Organizations for Transformative Smallholder Agriculture (ROOTS) project. The project is funded by IFAD along with the Government of The Gambia and other Development partners. The project will be implemented in six years period from 2020 to 2026. The main components of the ROOTS project are the followings:
- Component 1 (agricultural productivity and climate change adaptation);
- Component 2 (market access); and
- Component 3 (institutional development, project management and citizen engagement).
Reports to: Project Director
Summary: Regional Coordinator will manage all ROOTS activities at regional level in close collaboration with the Regional Agricultural Director. He/she will manage the regional implementation team and coordinate day-to-day activities in the field. He/she assume responsibility for providing technical support to field assistants and consolidation of planning of Field assistants. He/she will also assume planning, monitoring and evaluation responsibilities and, reporting technically to PSU technical officers and M&E Officer.
Duration of Assignment: Up to six years; following successful completion of six-month probationary period; with renewable contract if performance is satisfactory.
Duty Station: Based in the Regional Agricultural Directorate (RAD) covered by the project, with regular visits in the field as required for monitoring, reporting and implementation.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Assume HR and day-to-day management of the regional implementation team;
- Contribute to planning processes and consolidation of annual work plans and budgets;
- Lead the regional annual work plan and budget formulation process and implementation;
- Act as secretary to the Technical Advisory Committee and engage technically with the project stakeholders at regional level;
- Liaise and engage with regional implementing partners;
- Support and maintain technically sound M&E systems;
- Support consolidation of M&E data collection and consolidation from lower levels;
- Support to the setting up of Farmer Field Schools;
- Support to the training activities including training activities of POs/farmer groups;
- Support and initiate exchange visits between producer groups, off-takers, finance institutions and input suppliers;
- Assist in drawing up contractual agreements between producer groups and providers of specified services (off-takers); and
- Compile, prepare and submit timely field activity reports.
Education: Master’s degree in agriculture, agronomy, horticulture or related field.
Experience: Minimum 7 years, with at least a minimum of five years of experience in agriculture sector and managerial duties. Experience from Government and/or donor-funded projects preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of rice and/or vegetable production and marketing, with good social interaction skills.
Skills and knowledge: project management experience with M&E experience and/or experience
Overseeing M&E work. Good IT and language skills.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
- Only applications received through the provided link will be considered.